Monday 20 June 2016

Puppies are here

We have puppies.
Roxy refused to eat yesterday morning. She is our "black hole" and we knew that it is the "sign". 
I took her tempature. It dropped.
Puppies will come within 24 hours.

She has her first girl at 1250am Monday morning.
She kept an eye on me when I tried to dry the puppy, tied the cord and stimulated breathing. 
She is 15 oz.

Her second one came at 3:20. It is a boy, weighed 1lb 1 oz. No wonder it took her that long.

Another boy came at 3:47 weighed 15 oz.
Closely followed by a girl at 4:02 weighed 15 oz.

She took a break, trying to sneak out another girl at 5:49 weighed 15 oz while I took a nap. What she didn't know was that I slept with an eye opened...hehe!

This time she waited until I was in the shower. 
Another girl at 8:45 weighed 1 lb.

And she waited again after I left the house for a quick errand.
The 5th girl at 10:05 weighed 14 oz.

Mom and puppies are doing well. Roxy refused to leave the whelping box except for "emergency". That is where she will be for the next few weeks.
The maid and servant will bring her meals and change her bedding.
She kept the box very clean.
She is an excellent mom.

3 comments: